- Do you offer backups?
– SOLIDITS offers two kinds of backups: snapshots and backups. Snapshots can be done at any time, while automated backups runs every couple of days.
- Do you host DNS?
– Yes — you can set up your site using our domain manager.
- Do you have an API?
– Yes — we have a RESTful API. The API allows you to create and destroy droplets, as well as replicate all of the droplet control panel functionality.
- Do you have a default firewall enabled?
– No — you can open and use any port you require.
- Do you provide console access?
– We provide console access via VNC through our control panel. The HTML5 console is best viewed in chrome.
- What kind of Virtualization do you use?
– We use KVM.
- What kind of CPUs do you use?
– All of the used CPUs are between 2 and 3 GHz.
- What kind of Network does the used infrastructure run on?
– All SOLIDITS physical nodes are connected via gigabit ethernet to switches, which are uplinked to our aggregators and core routers. All core routers are uplinked via 10-gigE uplinks to providers.
- What processor models?
– Intel Hex-Core CPUs
- How am I billed?
– Each purchased plan is billed on a monthly basis (1st-last day).
- How do I cancel my account?
– You can cancel your account anytime through the control panel, under the settings tab.
- Do you offer refunds?
– No, we do not offer refunds. If there are extenuating circumstances, please open up a ticket with us.
- Do you charge for bandwidth?
– Yes. Plans start with 1TB per month and increase incrementally. Once the monthly transfer limit has been exceeded, the cost of bandwidth is $0.02 per GB over the limit
- Do you offer managed hosting?
– Yes. See offered plans here.
- What is your SLA?
– SOLIDITS provides a 99.99% Uptime SLA. Lost time is refunded back to your account at the hourly rate incurred.
- Where are the datacenters located?
– Running between 4 datacenters located in the NYC area (Equinix and Telx datacenters), San Francisco (Telx), and in Amsterdam (TelecityGroup). SOLIDITS depends on services from multiple private peering uplink providers including Level3, NTT, nLayer, Tinet, Cogent, and Telia.
- Do you have a speed test?
– Below are links to speed tests of our NYC, AMS and SFO networks:
We know how critical your data is to you and that you rely on SOLIDITS for your infrastructure. We run our production servers from SOLIDITS cloud as well and so security is at the forefront of our thoughts as it is yours.
Need to Report a Security Vulnerability?
We would like to keep SOLIDITS safe and secure for everyone. If you have discovered a security vulnerability we would greatly appreciate your help in disclosing it to us in a responsible manner.
Publicly disclosing a vulnerability can put the entire SOLIDITS community at risk. If you have discovered a possible vulnerability we would greatly appreciate you emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to assess and understand the scope of the issue and fully address any concerns. Any emails to email@example.com immediately are sent to our entire engineering staff to ensure that issues are addressed immediately. Any security emails are treated with the highest priority as the safety and security of our service is our primary concern.
We thank you in advance for any contribution that you will send our way.